The Haller Lake United Methodist Women is a community of women who are dedicated and who work diligently to expand concepts of mission through participation in the Global Ministries of the Church.
The total program of the UMW and the women’s division is mission. This includes individual growth, spiritual enrichment, education for mission, social issues, awareness, leadership development, schools and workshops, and financial support for mission programs and projects throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Haller Lake’s general membership of the UMW meets the first Wednesday of each month (except July, August, December, and January) for their general meeting, lunch, fellowship, and a program. Currently, there are two Circles which meet monthly. We celebrate each other’s joys and accomplishments and also share our concerns and sorrows.
Our Unit makes and meets a pledge of $3,200 to missions annually. In addition, we make annual monetary contributions to:
- Atlantic Street Center
- Tacoma Community House
- Local Food Bank
- Mary’s Place
- Other organizations as the needs present themselves.
- Physical needs of our church.
Other activities that we support are:
- Tent City 3
- Provide receptions for memorials, weddings, and anniversaries.
- Some members participate in the UMW reading program and attend Mission U. Prayer Shawl and Quilt ministry.
- Keep membership appraised of human rights and women’s issues encouraging action through letter writing and personal involvement.
- Correspond with and pray for missionaries that are listed in the UMW Prayer Calendar.
All women are welcome. Come join us!