Our Preschool Mission
Haller Lake Christian Preschool is a developmentally appropriate preschool program that emphasizes Christian values as a basis for daily living. We believe a preschool program for the young child should provide a supportive as well as a stimulating environment, contributing to the development of the child as a whole. We are dedicated to providing a strong foundation for lifelong learning by challenging and encouraging each child to grow spiritually, emotionally, cognitively, and physically.
We believe a child learns through play. We therefore create a safe and friendly environment for children to explore new ideas and activities. We believe learning is an active process in which children learn best by developing problem-solving skills. Our teachers guide each child’s development by asking open-ended questions, setting goals, providing information, modeling appropriate behavior, and creating challenging yet comfortable environments.
We are located in the daylight basement of Haller Lake United Methodist Church (at the corner of 1st Ave NE and NE 133rd). Parking is on the west side of the church.
- Make education and school enjoyable
- Increase the children’s self-esteem
- Improve social skills so the children can interact with others in this and later classes
- Use educational equipment with confidence (scissors, paint brushes, pencils, pens, etc.)
- Teach children to trust other adults in an appropriate setting
- Creation: God made our world.
- Noah: God is our protection and our strength.
- Jesus Is Born: A most special gift of love.
- Jesus’ Miracles: I can do all things though Christ. He gives me strength.
- Zacchaeus: Never become tired of doing good.
- Jesus’ Death & Resurrection: We believe Jesus died and rose again. He gives us new life.
- Helping Others Know God: Tell the good news to everyone
- The Life of Moses: Honor and obey His commands; loving God and loving others.
These themes are developed within the limits of understanding of the preschool age group.
- Class Room – a place for circle time, arts and crafts, snacks, thematic play, and more.
- Large Activity Room – to ride trikes, climb bars, and use other large muscle equipment on bad weather days.
- Outdoor Play Yard – includes a playhouse, teeter-totter, slide, climbing bars with platform and rings, swings, and a sandbox.
Bonnie Battles has been our Director and teacher since 2001. She has an AAS Degree in Early Childhood Education and over 30 years of teaching experience. She was head teacher at Cedar Park Cooperative Preschool for 3- to 5-year-olds and has taught at St. Catherine’s Preschool and Christopher Robin Learning Center.
Bonnie has a marvelous way of making each child feel special and is a creative, fun-loving person.
Joan has been our second teacher since 2002. She earned her AA degree in Early Childhood-Special Education from North Seattle Community College and has over 20 years of experience as a preschool teacher in the Seattle area.
In addition to co-teaching with Bonnie, Joan teaches the Christian Curriculum one day a week to each age group. She has a calming influence on the children. She also is very creative, making a personalized preschool memory book she presents to each child at the end of the school year.
$75 annual non-refundable enrollment fee to secure your registration. This fee covers costs of insurance, supplies, and most field trips.
Preschool for Three to Five Year Olds
- Must be at least three years old by August 31, and must be potty-trained.
- Meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Monthly tuition is $315.00 per month, due by 5th of each month.
- Optional later start (9:30 am to noon) is $265.00 per month.